Download the latest stable release of Tutor, uncompress the file and place the
tutorexecutable in your path. From the command line:
sudo curl -L "https://github.com/regisb/tutor/releases/download/latest/tutor-$(uname -s)_$(uname -m)" -o /usr/local/bin/tutor sudo chmod +x /usr/local/bin/tutor
tutor local quickstart
Yes :) This is what happens when you run
tutor local quickstart:
- You answer a few questions about the Configuration of your Open edX platform.
- Configuration files are generated from templates.
- Docker images are downloaded.
- Docker containers are provisioned.
- A full, production-ready platform is run with docker-compose.
The whole procedure should require less than 10 minutes, on a server with a good bandwidth. Note that your host environment will not be affected in any way, since everything runs inside docker containers. Root access is not even necessary.